LPN Skills Enrichment Course
The LPN Skills Enhancement class is designed to refresh clinical skills and knowledge, learn new best practices and strengthen your leadership skills.
- Courses held one day per week for 12 weeks from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Students are paid regular wages for 6 out of the 12 days. The alternate days are attended on the students' own time.
- This is a free class
- Learning is enhanced in a collaborative environment characterized by active, responsible student involvement and instructors who function as facilitators, experts, and resources.
Classes are designed to focus on your ability to provide better quality care for your residents while helping you, your co-workers and your supervisors recognize the vital role you play in providing that care. It's also a great first step for those who are thinking about continuing their education.
A sample of the topics you will cover in this class is:
- Personal Care/Stress Management - How to take care of your own physical and emotional health, manage stress, and keep from being injured.
- Communications/Conflict Resolution - Everyday potential conflicts arise at work. We talk about how to be aware and sensitive to the way effective communication can solve problems and enhance the relationship between you and your co-workers, managers, residents, and family members.
- Infection control.
- Respiratory system essentials.
- Medication and pain management
- Mental Health and Wellness
- Death and Dying
Download and print the application form below.
The worker should fill out and sign the top portion, Part One, of the form, and the manager completes Part Two.
Completed form needs to be faxed to Harrisburg at 1-717-232-1923 or you can scan and email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.